- The Cutting Edge - Spring 2017
- Read the most recent newsletter.
- Buy American – The Clear Path To Job Creation!
- Thanks to your advocacy Buy American legislation is closer than ever to passing. We are asking you to take the next step to call and speak with your legislator. Take action now! Text BUY USA to 877877 today to be connected to your state legislator or visit nysaflcio.org/BuyAmerican and sign the petition to make sure your tax dollars are used to BUY AMERICAN.
- Reminder: Union Dues
- Please note, effective January 1, 2017, the maximum monthly dues are $87.55. Dues for 40 hour contracted work weeks are calculated by multiplying the hourly rate x 2.50; for 35 hour contracted work week hourly rate x $2.20; for 37 1/2 hour contracted work week hourly rate x $2.36, up to a maximum of $87.55. When the hourly rate increases, the dues increase, up to the maximum monthly dues.
- Labor Day Parade Save the Date for the 2017 Labor Day Parade on Saturday September 9th! More information to follow.
- General Membership Meeting. Times: 8:30 AM, 2:00 PM, and 5:00 PM Meetings are held at the Hotel Trades Council Auditorium, 305 West 44th Street.
- Initiation Ceremony for New Members will be held at the Hotel Trades Council located at 305 W 44th Street, Mezzanine Floor on Wednesday, October 4th, 2017 at 4:00 P.M.
New York’s Buildings
Need to Find a Doctor, Dentist or Vision Specialist?
Can I get an estimate of my pension, and/or survivor benefit?
To do this, you need to send a written request to the Central Pension Fund. The request must include your full name, address and Social Security Number. Your estimate will include all of the benefit payment options for you and your spouse.