February is Cancer Prevention Month!
According to the American Institute for Cancer Research, about half of the most common U.S. cancer cases are preventable. What you eat and how much you move make a big difference for cancer prevention.
Find tips for preventing cancer, including healthy recipes, workout ideas and more. Take action now to reduce your cancer risk!
And remember to use your Local 94 preventive benefits for recommended cancer screenings.
Need to Find a Doctor, Dentist or Vision Specialist?
What is the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)?
Generally, the Family and Medical Leave Act (“FMLA”) allows you to take up to 12 weeks of unpaid leave during any 12-month period due to:
- the birth, adoption, or placement with you for adoption of a child;
- to provide care for a spouse, child, or parent who is seriously ill; or
- your own serious illness.
You are generally eligible for a leave under the FMLA if you:
- have worked for the same Contributing Employer for at least 12 months;
- have worked at least 1,250 hours over the previous 12 months; and
- work at a location where at least 50 employees are employed by the Contributing Employer within 75 miles.