COVID-19 Update: Administrative Offices Reopening
July 9, 2020
Local 94 and the Local 94 Affiliated Funds are committed to ensuring the safety and well-being of our members, employees and their respective families. We have been carefully monitoring the COVID-19 pandemic and keeping up on all the communications from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), government agencies, and local health officials. Based on the current conditions and guidance from the NYC Health Department and the CDC, Local 94 and the Local 94 Affiliated Funds will be reopening our administrative offices beginning July 13, 2020.
All services will return to pre-closing levels except for the submission and processing of Sick Fund claims and the Training Center.
Sick Fund checks will continue to be mailed and cannot be picked up in person. Please continue to mail Sick Fund claim forms directly to the office, fax (212-504-3292), or e-mail (email@example.com). All Sick Fund checks will be mailed to participants—no exceptions—and the check issuance time will be quicker than it was when the office was physically closed. Forms received prior to 11:30 am will be processed and mailed that day. Forms received after 11:30 am will be processed and mailed the next business day.
Although the Training Center is closed until further notice, our mandatory courses and our SMT courses have been transitioned to an online platform.
To accommodate social distancing and reduce the risk of virus spread, we have added new guidelines and made changes to the office design and workflow. When entering our offices, you must adhere to the following guidelines.
- Masks are required when entering the building. Masks will be available if needed.
- If you are experiencing any symptoms, have been exposed to COVID-19 or are currently positive for COVID-19, please do not enter the building.
- Please enter using the stairs and exit using the elevator. (If needed, elevator may be used for entering as well)
- Limit use of elevator to two (2) people at a time and stand in designated areas.
- Floor decals have been placed on the floor to designate standing areas when waiting for service.
- If you need to meet with staff beyond the waiting area, you will be asked to complete a symptom and exposure questionnaire.
- Please limit your business in office to services that are necessary and cannot be completed over the phone or via email.
Thank you for your patience and assistance in keeping our members and staff safe and healthy. Stay well.
Need to Find a Doctor, Dentist or Vision Specialist?
If I die, does my spouse receive my Pension?
Generally, the answer is yes. The specific answer depends on your age, length of service and status at the time of your death. For more information about your options and the rules around death benefits, please visit the Central Pension Fund website or contact the Central Pension Fund Office at (202) 362-1000.