COVID-19 Member Reference Guide
December 14, 2020
We strongly suggest claims and other relevant documents be emailed currently. Claims and other relevant documents may still be submitted by mail, however there may be a slight delay in processing. For Health Fund related questions please email or call the following:
- For last names beginning with the letters A-F: Rita Ionescu (email@example.com or (212) 331-1850)
- For last names beginning with the letters G-M: Judy Lozano (firstname.lastname@example.org or (212) 331-1806)
- For last names beginning with the letters N-Z: Millie Rivera (email@example.com or (212) 331-1867)
- Annette Hassell (Assistant Fund Administrator, firstname.lastname@example.org, (212) 331-1852)
- Kathy Fisler (Fund Administrator, email@example.com, (212) 331-1842)
- Fax: (212) 504-3292
Please e-mail all sick fund claim forms to firstname.lastname@example.org. This will be the most efficient way to receive your Sick Fund claim forms. Forms can still be mailed, but the claims processing will take longer. All Sick Fund checks will be mailed to participants. Forms received prior to 11:30am will be processed and mailed that day. Forms received after 11:30am will be processed and mailed the next business day. You can also fax us at (212) 504-3292.
It is highly recommended that participants submit all distribution forms and loan applications by email to email@example.com. Forms can still be submitted by mail, however there may be a slight delay in processing. The most efficient way is it to submit forms via email.
- For questions, please contact:
- Kimberly Antonaccio (Assistant Fund Administrator, firstname.lastname@example.org, (212) 331-1826)
- Michael O’Connor, CPA (Controller | Annuity Fund Administrator, email@example.com, (212) 331-1835)
- Fax: (212) 504-3292
All Training Fund classes are now remote until further notice. Students must enroll to have access to online courses.
For class schedule information click here
For other inquiries contact Lucy at firstname.lastname@example.org
Need to Find a Doctor, Dentist or Vision Specialist?
How do I leave the Union in good standing?
You must pay all dues owed, write a letter requesting withdrawal from the Local, and pay $5 for your withdrawal card. Your request will be reviewed by the Executive Board.