Behavioral Health Resources
Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield (BCBS)
BCBS Behavioral Health program offers assistance and guidance on treatment for issues like anxiety, depression, and substance abuse. BCBS Customer Service Representatives can also help you find providers and hospitals, provide information on substance abuse benefits, and provide referrals to providers who specialize in substance abuse, or caring for children or seniors with special needs. The Behavioral Health program is available to all Local 94 members and their dependents who are eligible with the Local 94 Health Fund.
If you are in crisis, please call the BCBS Behavioral Health Hotline at 800-626-3643 and select prompt #1. Your call will be confidential and answered by a licensed clinician.
If you are not in crisis, please call 844-241-7089 for benefits or claims.
The inpatient Substance Abuse and Rehabilitation benefits are administered by BCBS. If you use a participating facility for these services, it will be covered in full. If you use a non-participating facility for services, you will be responsible for any deductible and coinsurance, and you can be balance billed for charges in excess of the negotiated rate paid by BCBS.
If you wish to use this benefit, you are responsible for obtaining precertification from BCBS. You or your provider must call BCBS at 844-241-7089 prior to being admitted to a rehabilitation facility. If you do not call this number before entering a facility, you may not be eligible to receive this benefit.
Finding a Provider
To find a network provider in your area, visit the BCBS website.
Livehealth Online is our telemedicine service. It provides 24/7 service to see a doctor online and the ability to set up appointments with behavioral healthcare providers. There is a $15 copay for covered members.
With LiveHealth Online, you can:
- See a board-certified doctor 24/7. You do not need an appointment to see a doctor. They are always available to assess your condition and send a prescription to the pharmacy you choose, if needed. It is a great option when you have pink eye, a cold, the flu, a fever, allergies, a sinus infection, or another common health issue.
- Visit a licensed therapist within four days or less. Have a video visit with a therapist to get help with anxiety, depression, grief, panic attacks and more. Schedule your appointment online or call 888-548-3432 seven days a week.
- Consult a board-certified psychiatrist within two weeks. If you are over 18 years old, you can get medication support to help you manage a mental health condition. To schedule your appointment, call 888-548-3432 seven days a week.
How to Get Started
Rather than waiting to sign up when you are not feeling well, register today so you are ready for a visit when you need one. To sign up, visit the LiveHealth Online website or download the free LiveHealth Online app to your mobile device.
Questions About How to Use LiveHealth Online?
Call LiveHealth Online toll-free at 888-LiveHealth (888-548-3432) or send them an email. (Go to their website to send an email.) If you send an email, please include your name, email address and a phone number where LiveHealth Online representatives can reach you.
Membership Assistance Program (MAP)
The Membership Assistance Program (MAP) is comprised of Local 94 members who provide support and intervention regarding Substance Abuse and Alcohol Abuse. If you would like further information about this program, please call 212-331-1848.
The myStrength app provides access to programs that help you cope with things like stress, depression, anxiety, and trouble sleeping. It provides interactive tools that can help you learn new skills and achieve your personal health goals.
- Personalized on-the-go support that is convenient and easily accessible 24/7.
- Free for all Local 94 members and their dependents who are eligible with the Local 94 Health Fund.
- Go to the BCBS website, log in, select “My Health Dashboard”, then select “Programs.” After completing the sign-up process online, you can also download the myStrength app.
Free Mental Health Screening
Take a free mental health screening for a variety of concerns, such as depression, anxiety, post-traumatic stress disorder, postpartum depression, and addiction. You don’t have to enter any personal information to complete a screening and it only takes a couple minutes. At the end, you’ll receive results that can help you better understand your mental health, customized educational resources to explore with more information, and recommendations for next steps. Go to the BCBS mental health screening page to get started.
Need More Information?
For more information on how your substance abuse and rehabilitation benefits work and what the BCBS Plan covers, please contact the Fund Office. Also, be sure to look at the information in the Engineering Good Health, Active Member Benefits, Commercial Retiree Benefits and School Retiree Benefits sections of this site.
Need to Find a Doctor, Dentist or Vision Specialist?
I am getting a divorce. What do I need to do in terms of my pension?
You must provide the Central Pension Fund with a copy of the entire divorce decree. We recommend that you also visit the Central Pension Fund website for information about Qualified Domestic Relations Orders (QDROs) and visit the Life Events page on this site to see what you need to do for your other benefits.