Do we have a mortgage company that offers discounted rates to members?
Local 94 does not have a relationship with any mortgage companies, but you may be able to find discounted services at Union Plus.
Union Plus is brought to you by Union Privilege, which was established by the AFL-CIO. It provides consumer benefits and discounts to members and retirees of participating labor unions.
I need an attorney for divorce, debt, criminal charges, or house closing services. Does the Union provide this?
Local 94 does not provide this service.
What is the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)?
Generally, the Family and Medical Leave Act (“FMLA”) allows you to take up to 12 weeks of unpaid leave during any 12-month period due to:
- the birth, adoption, or placement with you for adoption of a child;
- to provide care for a spouse, child, or parent who is seriously ill; or
- your own serious illness.
You are generally eligible for a leave under the FMLA if you:
- have worked for the same Contributing Employer for at least 12 months;
- have worked at least 1,250 hours over the previous 12 months; and
- work at a location where at least 50 employees are employed by the Contributing Employer within 75 miles.
What if I get injured on the job?
Benefits are not payable for occupational accidents, injuries or sickness covered by any Workers’ Compensation statute or similar legislation. All claims in relation to an injury or a condition that is directly or indirectly job-related are not covered by the Fund. For more information, please visit the Health and Safety section.