It’s never too early to plan for retirement. The Annuity Fund was created to provide a source of income for retirement or for participants who become totally and permanently disabled. Participants in the Local 94 Annuity Fund have individual investment accounts funded by Contributing Employers.
Find out more about the Annuity Fund by clicking on the links below.
Track Your Investments at myplan.johnhancock.com
Once you have an account established in the Annuity Fund, you can monitor your individual account and track your investments through myplan.johnhancock.com. The site, operated by John Hancock Retirement Plan Services, the Annuity Fund’s administrative service provider, is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. There, you can select and change your investments, learn about the different investment options and get personalized investment advice.
Logging in to myplan.johnhancock.com:
When you log on or call us for the first time, you’ll use your Social Security number to create your unique Personal Identification Number (PIN)/Password. You’ll use your PIN/Password to access your account in the future. You can establish your PIN/Password any one of three ways:
- Online: go to myplan.johnhancock.com and click “Register now. Get started with your plan.” Be sure to create your User Profile and, if you’d like, provide an email address.
- Telephone: call 1-833-38-UNION or 833.388.6466 (or 888.440.0022 for Spanish) and follow the prompts.
- Mobile: go to your iOS or Android app store and download the MyLifeNow mobile app, then follow the prompts.
Once your username and password are changed, you’re ready to take advantage of all myplan.johnhancock.com has to offer.
Need to Find a Doctor, Dentist or Vision Specialist?
What are the acceptable reasons for taking a loan from my Annuity Fund account?
In certain cases, you can take out a loan from your Annuity Fund account. Reasons to take out a loan include:
- Buying or fixing a principal residence
- Medical bills that are not reimbursed by medical insurance
- Educational expenses (tuition) at an accredited school, including vocational school, at any level
- Expenses incurred for the legal adoption of a child
- Funeral expenses incurred because of the death of your Spouse or a dependent child
You are eligible to apply for a loan if you are actively employed by a Contributing Employer, and you have been so employed for at least three years. You may have only one loan outstanding at a time. An outstanding loan balance (active or defaulted) must be paid in full prior to applying for a subsequent loan (except those loans that were defaulted prior to January 1, 1996). The maximum loan amount is the lesser of $50,000 or 50% of your account balance.
For more information, please go to the Annuity Fund section of this site.