Coronavirus Update (March 24, 2020)
March 24, 2020
Local 94 is committed to ensuring the safety and well-being of its members and their families. We are carefully monitoring the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic and keeping up on all the communications from the Centers for Disease Control, government agencies and local health officials. Out of an abundance of caution and in order to protect the health of our members, the administrative staff will be working remotely. Please be assured that that services will continue to be provided. Although administrative offices will be physically closed, there will be business agents onsite for emergencies.
Please see the attached member reference guide for further guidance on who to e-mail or call for questions.
All Training Fund classes are canceled until April 17th.
The General Membership meeting scheduled for April 8th has been canceled.
Please continue to do all that is necessary to protect yourself and your families by continuing to follow good hygiene at both work and home.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when sick.
- Cover a cough or sneeze with a tissue, throw the tissue in the trash and wash your hands.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces like phones, keyboards, and doorknobs.
- Get plenty of sleep, be physically active, drink lots of fluids, and eat nutritious food
OptumRx, your prescription drug provider, is allowing members to refill their maintenance medications early to ensure they have an uninterrupted supply of medication during the COVID-19 threat.
- OptumRx members with active eligibility may obtain an early refill of their prescription medications if they have refills remaining on file at a participating retail or mail-order pharmacy.
- The refill obtained will stay consistent with the standard days supply previously filled by the member as allowed by their plan (e.g., 30 or 90 day supply).
- This refill too soon waiver will be continuously evaluated to determine the appropriate duration based on CDC guidance, Federal and State declarations, and other relevant data.
- This policy is in effect for all regions and states covered by OptumRx.
Additionally, all co-pays and co-insurance through Empire BCBS have been waived for COVID-19 testing and treatment.
Optum’s Emotional-Support Help Line is available to support anyone who may be experiencing anxiety or stress following the recent developments around COVID-19. The free service can be reached at (866) 342-6892, 24 hours a day, seven days a week and is open to all.
If you do get sick, please contact your doctor. Also, do not forget about your telemedicine benefit, LiveHealth Online, for 24/7 access to a board-certified doctor, psychiatrist or licensed therapist from your smartphone, tablet or computer from home or anywhere.
If you have any questions related to your worksite, please contact your Business Agent for assistance.
Need to Find a Doctor, Dentist or Vision Specialist?
Why is my Annuity Fund account balance less on my statement than it was last quarter?
Individual accounts fluctuate in accordance with the funds that they are invested in. They can lose or gain value. Participants should consider the choices of investment carefully and based on your personal circumstances.